– Volkswagen India’s robust service strategy that has been built on key attributes of factual changes, infrastructural development and improvement in customer perception
– Enhanced and holistic service initiatives that provides accessible information, reduced cost of ownership and peace of mind value proposition
– Reduction in Volkswagen Genuine Spare Parts pricing up to 11%, ensuring a safe and high-quality journey
– Engine Oil price reduction (gasoline) by nearly 32%
– Benefits through Service Value Packages upto 24%
– Volkswagen’s best-selling carlines Polo & Vento are now 23% – 25% more economical (depending on the variant) from a periodic maintenance cost perspective
– Volkswagen Assistance and Mobile Service Units fleet, covering nearly 80% of the country with door-step service facilities
– Introduction of Volkswagen Service Cam and Service Cost Calculator
Mumbai – Volkswagen India announces its enhanced and holistic service initiatives that offer customers accessible information, reduced cost of ownership and peace of mind. Taking its service initiatives above and beyond for the customers, the brand has introduced the following efforts to reduce the cost of ownership:
• Reduction in Volkswagen Genuine Spare Parts pricing up to 11%, ensuring a safe and high-quality journey
• Engine oil price reduction (gasoline) by nearly 32%
• Benefits through Service Value Packages upto 24%
The reductions are part of Volkswagen India’s robust service strategy that has been built on key attributes of factual changes, infrastructural development, and improvement in customer perception.
The core of this strategy is based on accessibility, transparency, and a customer-first philosophy. For this the brand has introduced several initiatives that offer complete peace of mind and a holistic customer experience.
For enhanced accessibility, the brand is expanding its Volkswagen Assistance and Mobile Service Units fleet, covering nearly 80% of the country with door-step service facilities. It enables customers to opt for this service for small repair and maintenance jobs or for a quick vehicle health check before a long road trip. The Mobile Service Unit as the name suggests, also adapts as mobile facility to conduct service operations in remote locations.
Furthermore, the brand has introduced another unique initiative with the ‘Volkswagen Service Cam’, which informs and seeks a customer’s prior approval on additional repairs that may occur during inspection via a video recording.
Commenting on the announcement, Mr. Ashish Gupta, Brand Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India said, “At Volkswagen, one of our key endeavors is to offer our customers a strong value proposition across our products and services. With the enhanced service strategy, we aim to offer our customers global service standards and peace of mind ownership experience by servicing a Volkswagen vehicle through highly qualified and trained service technicians. Their expertise coupled with our efforts towards reducing cost of ownership, accessibility and providing a holistic experience makes Volkswagen a preferred brand among consumers.”
In an attempt for customers to understand their periodic maintenance bill further prior to the Service booking, Volkswagen has launched the Service Cost Calculator. Easily accessible on the brands’ official website, in a few clicks the customer is able to view and secure an estimated cost of their next service. This initiative showcases Volkswagen ‘One-Price’ promise that is applicable across India and can be verified by the customer.
With these continuous efforts towards cost of ownership, Volkswagen’s best-selling carlines Polo & Vento are now 23% – 25% economical (depending on the variant) from a periodic maintenance cost perspective*. These significant initiatives will also be applicable on the Volkswagen Taigun, the brands’ much anticipated launch for the year 2021, making it a further attractive product proposition.
Customers seeking more information, can connect with Volkswagen India through the verified WhatsApp for Business platform (contact number +91 84339 50909) that provides easy, accessible information on our product and service offerings. Details on the brands’ service value packages, extended warranty, Roadside assistance and more can also be secured.
Volkswagen India, in 2019 announced its Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) program under the campaign 4EVER Care. The brand relentlessly worked towards reducing parts pricing, introduced a child parts strategy & menu pricing.
The dealer service network is now served by three regional parts distribution centres in Pune, Gurgaon, and Bengaluru, enabling quicker access of parts by Volkswagen service facilities.
Further, it introduced three free services, 4 years warranty and Roadside assistance under 4EVER Care in the first year, followed by a host of service value packs and extended warranty programs up to 7 years of customer ownership.
These initiatives have led to significant improvements for customers on their yearly vehicle maintenance and service expenses, significantly enhancing the ownership experience.
*There has been an overall reduction across the product portfolio, including the models previously introduced like Ameo, Passat, Jetta, Polo GTI and more. However, the percentage may vary.