New Delhi – Nov 17, 2017
5th World Auto Forum (WAF) Awards for Auto Maker CXO’s. Ceremony held
• An award based on the Unique, Tested, Tried & Proven Quadruple Elimination Process that recognises Winning People behind the Winning Cars, Bikes & Trucks!
New Delhi – Nov 17, 2017 – 5th World Auto Forum Awards for Auto Maker CXO’s shall be held today. These prestigious awards are powered by the Unique Quadruple Elimination Process: 1. Selection Parameters finalised by CXO’s from the Auto Makers. 2. Exhaustive research by young researchers from IIT Delhi 3. Multiple Jury Rounds 4. Reference Checks.
This year the selection was made from a total of 40 Auto Makers in India and their 248 CXO’s. The WAF Award truly celebrates the Authentic Winning Performance of CXO’s / Functional Heads amongst the Auto Makers. The awards are in the categories of CV Makers, Two Wheeler Makers, Passenger Vehicle Makers, Best Innovation, Luxury 2 Wheeler and Luxury PV Makers.
Our Hon’ble Jury Members for 2017 World Auto Forum Awards:
1. Dr Akhil Prasad – Country Counsel India – Boeing
2. Dilip Chenoy – Chairman – SLIET, Board Member – IILM, AIMA, Former DG- SIAM , Former MD & CEO – NSDC,
3. Nikunj Sanghi – MD- JS Fourwheel Motors , Director – Federation of Dealer Association (FADA) , Chairman – Automotive Skill Development Council (ASDC)
4. Avik Chattopadhyay – Co Founder- Expereal , Former CEO – Saffron India, Former CMO- VW India, Apollo Tyres, Exxon Mobil , Maruti Suzuki
5. Puneet Kapoor – Head – LeanExcell. Lean Engineering, Six Sigma Expert , Former Head at Maruti Suzuki
6. Sanjeev Garg – 25+ yrs Experienced, Seasoned Auto Professional. Former CXO – Tata Motors & GM
7.. Anuj Guglani – CEO World Auto Forum
As Anuj Guglani, CEO World Auto Forum, puts it: “World Auto Forum has been connecting Auto Suppliers, Auto Makers & Auto Dealers in 125 Countries last 7 years now. The Best part of WAF Awards is the clearly laid out Stringent Selection Process. The Discussions during the Jury Rounds are engaging, insightful & simply a treat. In Last 4 years, WAF Awards winners have come to be known as WAF stars in the Industry and get even more respect and honour wherever they go! Their Award celebrates their Platinum Caliber and Performance”
Stringent Process Followed to select the Best Auto Maker CXO’s
WAF Awards are the platinum standard of rewards and recognition in the Global Auto Industry and most scientific and relevant, powered by process & analytics. The methodology followed has been carefully devised to negate any bias towards a particular company or individual. It is called the Quadruple Elimination Process:
1. Advisory Council comprising cross-functional CXO’s from Auto Makers to endorse and finalise the selection parameters and their weightage.
2. The Research Team from IIT Delhi, develops in-depth reports on every Auto Manufacturer and their functional performance & achievements.
3. An Eminent Jury panel comprising senior members of the Corporate World, Govt or Semi Govt Institutions & Successful entrepreneurs, is set up which evaluates the Top Performers through Multiple Sessions. This Year, the Jury invested 8 hours across 2 Jury Rounds. This year there was more than 155 Years of cumulative experience on the Jury Panel thanks to the senior and distinguished Jury Members.
4. Finally the selected Winners are made to go through a Reference Check Process before the announcement of results & Ceremony.
Dilip Chenoy – Chairman – SLIET, Board Member – IILM, AIMA, Former DG- SIAM , Former MD & CEO – NSDC, said “It is an honour to be on WAF awards Jury for the second year. It is a great experience!”
Puneet Kapoor – Jury Member WAF awards, Lean Engineering, Six Sigma Expert , Former Head at Maruti Suzuki shared “Feel so special to recognize the best talent of the Industry through WAF awards”
Avik Chattopadhyay –Co Founder- Expereal , Former CEO – Saffron India, Former CMO- VW India, Apollo Tyres, Exxon Mobil , Maruti Suzuki said, “The Jury Discussions were intense and full of new learnings. Initiatives like these are important to recognize the best of the best in the Industry”
Nikunj Sanghi – MD- JS Fourwheel Motors , Director – Federation of Dealer Association (FADA) , Chairman – Automotive Skill Development Council (ASDC), shared, “Been in the Auto Retail for last several Decades, it was great to be part of this interesting Selection process of WAF awards for the Auto Maker CXO’s”
Dr Akhil Prasad – Jury Member, Country Counsel India – Boeing mentioned, “It’s always a pleasure associating with World Auto Forum for such innovative and important initiatives.“
Sanjeev Garg – 25+ yrs Experienced, Seasoned Auto Professional. Former CXO – Tata Motors & GM, mentions, ”The Jury Discussions in both the rounds were engaging & intense. It was a pleasure being part of the WAF Awards Jury Rounds”
“It’s a privilege to be associated with WAF as it recognises the hard work of the best talent in the industry”, says Tanuj Pugalia, MD & CEO, Gallops Motors & Managing Trustee Gallops Foundation.
Akash Gupta MD Auto ji says,” Been in the Auto Industry last 31 Years, We are proud to associate with World Auto Forum for this special and unique recognition of the best Auto Maker CXO’s”
World Auto Forum thanks its Annual Partners for 2017 WAF Awards for India Auto Maker CXO’s :
Gallops Motors: Class leading Multi Brand Auto Retail Chain of India http://www.gallopsmotors.com
Auto ji : State of the Art and thus India’s Leading Auto Parts Distribution Network and Supply Chain Experts.
MotorUncle.com : For the Confused Car Buyer and the Hassled Car Service Customer. Motor Uncle Hai Na!
MarketsAndMarkets : World’s Leading Consulting and Research Firm
World Auto Forum has a hallmark of taking Dialogue to Action. The Action Document of World Auto Forum on IT shall also be released today by leading Auto & IT Heads.
2017 World Auto Forum (WAF) Awards Winners
The Award is given on the name of the Function Head or CXO if she/he held the office all throughout FY2016-17 else it’s given on name of the organisation & winning function.
Passenger Vehicle Maker Category – Total 6 Winners
• Best Procurement Function– Tata Motors PCBU
• Best CFO – Ajay Seth, Maruti Suzuki India Limited
• Best Production Head – Ganesh Mani S – Hyundai Motor India
• Best Marketing & Sales Function – Tata Motors PCBU
• Best After Sales Head– B Padmanabha– Toyota Kirloskar Motor Limited
• Best MD & CEO– Kenichi Ayukawa – Maruti Suzuki India Limited
Passenger Best Vehicle Maker Luxury Category – Total 2 Winners
• Best Marketing & Sales Function– Mercedes-Benz India
• Best After Sales Head– Santosh Iyer, Mercedes-Benz India
2 Wheeler Maker Category – Total 6 Winners
• Best Purchase Head– Neeraj Mathur-Hero MotoCorp
• Best CFO – Kevin P D’Sa– Bajaj Auto Limited
• Best Production Head– Baskaran Jayaraman -TVS Motor Co.
• Best Marketing & Sales Function– Royal Enfield
• Best After Sales Head– Rajendra Bhat – TVS Motor Co
• Best MD & CEO Function– Honda MotorCycle & Scooter India.
2 Wheeler Maker Category – Total 2 Winners
• Best Marketing & Sales Head– Shoeb Farooq – Triumph Motorcycles India
• Best After Sales Head – Manish Agarwal – Harley Davidson India
Commercial Vehicle (CV) Maker Category – Total 5 Winners
• Best Procurement Head– R Sivanesan– Ashok Leyland
• Best Finance Function– Volvo Eicher Commercial Vehicles (VECV)
Best Production Head- Harihar P – Ashok Leyland
• Best Marketing & Sales Function– Volvo Eicher Commercial Vehicles (VECV)
• Best MD & CEO– Vinod K Dasari – Ashok Leyland
CSR & Philanthropy Category- 1 Winner
• Best CSR Head– V Suresh – Tata Motors Limited
Best Innovation- Total 2 Winners
• Mahindra Blazo – Mahindra Truck & Bus Division
• Waterless & Dry Washing of Cars at Dealer Workshops – Maruti Suzuki India Limited
The 5th World Auto Forum Awards Ceremony can be watched LIVE at the Official Facebook Page and Official Youtube Channel of World Auto Forum on Oct 17, 2017 , 7:45 PM Onwards
World Auto Forum Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/worldautoforum
World Auto Forum Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4LJtbp8RcoJJbVZOBXsWrg
For Further Information Please Feel Free to Contact:
Gazala Khan firstname.lastname@example.org 9811703955
Anuj Guglani email@example.com 9810552425
World Auto Forum – Connects Auto Vendors, Auto Makers & Auto Dealers in 125 countries
2232, South Main Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
Ph- +1 (303) 324-3591
D-1/25 Ground Floor Vasant Vihar
Near Kenya High Commission
Ph – +91-11-49057413